IVNV Wellness provides consultation and therapeutic program development for clients interested in synergistic and alternative approaches for their chronic conditions. This includes conditions such as chronic fatigue and inflammation, mold and fungal exposures, viral infections, cancer, Lyme and other tick related diseases, and iron-deficiency anemia.
Our team will coordinate your care with your referring physician, and if desired you will have access to our staff naturopathic physician to customize a program and treatment schedule that serves your unique needs.
THERAPEUTIC IV SERVICES
High Dose Vitamin C (HDIVC)
High Dose Vitamin C (HDIVC) is recognized as being effective in combating fungal, mold, and viral infections as well as an alternative or adjunct therapy for certain diseases such as cancer. While lower doses of Vitamin C function as an antioxidant that protects cells from free radical damage, HDIVC is pro-oxidative and specifically focuses on weakening abnormal cells and aiding your immune system in removing these cells from your body. It also has excellent detoxification properties.
- Directly destructive (cytotoxic) to abnormal cells
- Inhibits processes that cancer cells utilize to propagate such as the proliferation of abnormal, as well as lymphatic (lymphangiogenesis) and blood vessel recruitment (angiogenesis)
- Reduces inflammation which limits damage to organs and other bodily systems secondary to the root cause of an infection
- Stimulates the immune system to aid your body’s response mechanisms
- Preserves mitochondrial function, helping your healthy cells to function as designed
- Can be complimentary and synergistic to conventional cancer protocols (chemo and radio therapies) as well as offering an alternative option in select circumstances
HDIVC requires a thorough evaluation of your medical history and blood labs. Specifically, we require screening for quantitative G6PD (an enzyme abnormality), kidney function, and electrolytes in addition to your routine tests. This screening is to ensure your safety in making sure that your body will tolerate and benefit from the therapy.
Throughout your visit our staff will periodically assess your vital signs and may screen blood glucose to ensure that you are receiving the therapeutic benefit of the infusion. Because of the complexities of various disease processes, we strongly encourage involvement and coordination with your physician as their assistance is necessary to provide the proper follow-up for chronic illnesses.
HDIVC is mildly chelating, meaning it can slowly strip essential minerals from your body and cause downstream complications if a series of these infusions is performed incorrectly. IVNV adds several essential components to your infusion to replace what is chelated from your body and ensure that you do not become deficient in critical minerals and electrolytes. Many of our Lifestyle Services can be infused to help replenish your body from the oxidative impacts of HDIVC, however these must be performed several days later to allow for the full oxidative benefits of the HDIVC therapy. Should you desire this our team will coordinate a program for you to ensure maximum benefit from all therapies.
- Supplemental ascorbate in the supportive treatment of cancer: Prolongation of survival times in terminal human cancer.
- High Dose IV Ascorbic Acid Therapy: the Bastyr Experience
- High Dose Parenteral Ascorbate Inhibited Pancreatic Cancer Growth and Metastatsis: Mechanisms and a Phase I/IIa study.
High-dose glutathione is effective support for clients with Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and other hepatic impairments, and may be beneficial in eliminating toxicants resulting from chemotherapy. It is also effective at reducing symptoms of herxheimer reactions.
As glutathione is a powerful antioxidant, it is not infused at the time of any oxidative therapies. However, if desired our team will help develop a program to include glutathione support on a schedule that will assist in optimal recovery after the effects of oxidative therapy is finished. While very safe, doses higher than 500mg of glutathione for specific conditions require coordination with a physician to ensure proper monitoring of your symptoms and disease process to ensure a proper therapeutic effect.
Artemisinin (Artesunate) is a substance derived from the plant artemisia annua, also known as wormwood or sweet sagewort. Artesunate has been found to be helpful for cancer, autoimmune diseases and chronic infections. It is most beneficial when done in conjunction with additional therapies such as High Dose Vitamin C (HDIVC) as it is synergistic with oxidative therapies. Artemisinin reacts with iron to form free radicals that have demonstrated antitumor effects by inducing apoptosis (cell death) in malignant cells.
- Multiple cell line studies have demonstrated a positive tumor kill effect including colon, prostate, breast, liver, leukemia, and oral cancers
- Potent anti-inflammatory and immune-calming properties
- Increases bile flow which aids in detoxification of the liver
Artemisinin may be combined with high dose Vitamin C therapy synergistically to create a more therapeutic oxidative response.
- Antitumor Activity of Artemisinin and Its Derivatives: From a Well-Known Antimalarial Agent to a Potential Anticancer Drug.
- Molecular pharmacology and pharmacogenomics of artemisinin and its derivatives in cancer cells.
- Anti-Inflammatory and Immunoregulatory Functions of Artemisinin and Its Derivatives.
*Physicians orders required*
N-acetyl Cysteine (NAC)
NAC is a glutathione precursor and protein synthesis, and a critical factor for cellular homeostasis. It is a powerful compound for liver detoxification and can be very beneficial in supporting patients with cirrhosis or other hepatic damage. Oral NAC is only 5-10% bioavailable, so infusion provides a superior therapeutic effect. High doses require physician orders as it is necessary to monitor BUN levels specifically in clients that have impaired liver or kidney function.
Iron infusion therapy is most commonly prescribed to treat iron deficiency anemia. This service requires a physician monitoring and periodic blood lab evaluation to ensure that you are receiving a therapeutic benefit.
Without sufficient iron your body doesn’t produce enough red blood cells. This can lead to a wide range of problems such as:
- Decreased immune function
- Chronic inflammatory diseases
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Cold hands and feet
- Pale skin
Iron therapy can improve these symptoms of iron deficiency, helping you feel your best.
*Physicians orders required*
Poly-MVA is a uniquely formulated dietary supplement containing a proprietary blend of the mineral palladium bonded to alpha-lipoic acid, Vitamins B1, B2 and B12, formyl-methionine, plus trace amounts of molybdenum, and ruthenium. This formulation is designed to provide energy to enhance the body systems by changing the electrical potential of cells and promoting proper or normal metabolism within the cell.
As a member of the Lipoic Acid Mineral Complexes (LAMC), Poly-MVA may assist in boosting immune response by replenishing key nutrients and supporting cellular metabolism at the mitochondrial level. What makes Poly-MVA unique is the proprietary manufacturing process by which the mineral palladium is sequestered/bound to lipoic acid. No other company produces a product like Poly-MVA due to the preparation and bonding process through which LAMC is manufactured. The proprietary formulation of LAMC with other vitamins, minerals, and amino acids provides specific nutritional support, helping to enable optimum functioning of essential body systems.
- Assist the body in producing energy
- Support the protection of cells
- Assist in promoting healthy cell function
- Supports mitochondrial health
- Supports Krebs cycle activity
- Protects from oxidative damage
- Unique and powerful antioxidant
- Supports healthy liver function
- Supports nerve and neurotransmitter function
- Helps to maintain cells and tissue health
Poly-MVA is frequently sequenced into many therapeutic programs with various dosing strategies depending on your specific needs. Higher dosages will be administered in coordination with physician orders.
While commonly sought for increases in energy production and potential boosts in longevity, NAD has also shown benefits in supporting certain neurological disorders as well as being beneficial in detoxification strategies for clients suffering from drug and alcohol dependency.
NAD can be administered in doses up to 500mg per infusion per our Lifestyle Infusion protocol. Dosing in excess of this must be coordinated with your physician in order to ensure the proper therapeutic effect.
If there are other services you are interested in please inquire with our staff. We are often able to accommodate requests after discussion and orders from your physician or ours.
Tues - Sat
9am - 5pm